On the night
Road Closures, Diversions, Park & Ride and Events on the day.
- 2:00pm Final requests for disabled parking. New requests cannot be taken.
- 3:00pm South side of Village Green (by the Spar and the Chemist) road closes. The bus slip road closes.
- 5:00pm Stalls open for business.
- 5:00pm A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:00pm North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 5:15pm Park & Ride shuttle buses start operating. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 6:30pm Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School.
- 7:15pm (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm (approx) Fireworks
- 8:30pm (approx) Grand Draw
- 9.30pm (approx) Last shuttle bus back to car parks
- 10:00pm (approx) Roads re-open.
It is NOT possible to let cars through into the closed area after the road blocks are in place and cars should not park in these areas. The only exceptions are for disabled access proving you have requested a place beforehand.
Getting Ready Dates 2021.
- Saturday 25th September - Tripod Goes up
- Saturday 25th September onwards until the ‘No More Dumping Signs’ are displayed you can bring down your garden waste. PLEASE NO BUILDING OR CONSTRUCTION WASTE
- Saturday 2nd October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime; all are welcome
- Saturday 9th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime; all are welcome
- Saturday 16th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime; all are welcome
- Saturday 23rd October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime; all are welcome
- Saturday 30th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime; all are welcome
- Thursday 4th November - 8pm Marshal’s briefing meeting at the Crown PH
- Friday 5th November - Last Application for Disabled Access Parking
- Saturday 6th November - Bonfire Night!!
- Sunday 7th November - 8am Tidying the Village Green - Please, please, please come and help!